Memorial day is the day we honor the soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice—their lives—protecting the Freedom and liberty of this great nation. There have been many wars over the years, including the great World Wars I and II, and the soldiers who lost their lives from each war is commemorated on this day every passing year. One unique fact about Memorial Day include that it was once called “Decoration Day” because on this day they would honor deceased soldiers by decorating their graves with flowers and American flags. Another unique fact is that Red Poppies are the symbol of remembrance on this day and it is a tradition to wear them.
Enjoying the freedoms of this great nation while remembering the sacrifices of the fallen soldiers on this day can be low-cost! Here are five low-cost ideas to celebrate Memorial Day:
1. Picnic at the local park— The parks will be filled with families enjoying the day outdoors. Some local parks will have activities lined up such as parades and carnival-type of games so check your local city’s plans for the day in the parks and take your family and friends out for the day.
2. BBQ at home— This is the go-to on Memorial Day, BBQ some hotdogs and hamburgers at home and you can put the varying news channels on in the background as you BBQ so you can watch the varying Memorial Day special programs that they air. Usually the President will commemorate Memorial Day and the news channels will cover the ceremony.
3. Celebrate at the Local beach, lake, or River—If you are near any bodies of water, you can stay cool in the heat by celebrating in the local body of water while celebrating aside others who are thinking the same and staying cool in the heat. Going to a beach, lake or river is generally free and if not, cities generally have Memorial Day discounts for entrance. Contact your local parks and recreation department to find out the specials for the day!
4. Celebrate at the Mall— A lot of malls will have special memorial day celebrations and concert performances from local performers. Checking out what the local malls have planned is low-cost as many of the public performances are free or donations-based.
5. Find a Parade—Many cities and towns host a memorial day parade to honor the fallen soldiers. They are typically free to attend and it is great to support the locals marching in the parade, as well as see the marching bands play live music.
For the best storage in Santa Maria, CA , SuperStorage Santa Maria is the perfect location to store all your belongings in self storage in 93455. Staff is friendly and helpful, and they offer all important amenities needed for safe and secure storage. Call Super Storage Santa Maria today for more information at (805) 922-5072. Or visit the website at (http://superstoragesantamaria.com/).